Chapter Eight—Statistically Sensible!
Box or no box, the numbers make sense
- Are you of the school of thought that ministry/missions is not about numbers? What is the author’s opening argument about the fact that numbers do matter?
- Read Jonah 4:10-11. Is the Lord concerned about numbers? Why?
- Do you agree that there is significance to the Canadian Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister’s statement that 2012 “was the first time in Canadian history that Canada has welcome over 100,000 international students”? Why or why not?
- Will you take a moment to pray for the over 300,000 international students in Canada? Pray especially for Ontario, British Columbia and Quebec which together are home to 83% of these students!
- In your own estimation, why does the Canadian government want to see the number of international students doubled by 2022? Should this matter to the Body of Christ in Canada? Why/why not?
- Use the following link to study the statistical trends of international students globally and in Canada:
- Global: http://www.oecd.org/edu/Education-at-a-Glance-2014.pdf (pgs. 342-344)
- Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2013/temporary/5-3.asp