Chapter Four—Death Day
My box is crashed and windows smashed
- The C.S. Lewis quote that begins this chapter is apt: ““God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way.” What do you say?
- What pivotal event changed the course of the author’s life to focus on mission Dei, God’s mission? Have you experienced anything similar?
- The author’s Second-in-Command at the military hospital where he was working said he was a fool. Do you remember why? When it comes to mission, what does the Bible have to say about real fools (Psalm 14:1)? Who is considered wise in Proverbs 11:30 and Daniel 12:3
- What is the striking lesson between the way the authors two military colleagues died? When does scripture say is the day of salvation?
- Memorize Galatians 2:20. Just how alive are you to your own self (plans, ambitions, desires), to God and His purposes, and to the world around you?