Chapter Three—He said “Go!”
Out of the box
- What are the major reasons people want to emigrate from your country and/or in yours?
- The author shares his story from Ghana to the global stage; and from medicine into missions. Have you ever felt a tag in your heart to move somewhere else in your city, country or in the world? What about a sense of change of profession? What did you do about it? Why?
- Had you been the author and had it all going well for you would you have ‘left it all?’ Why/why not? What is the most precious thing you have had to leave behind to be obedient to God’s call?
- The author relates how he heard the Lord say, “It is my world and I send you wherever I want to.” What does this mean to you? How may it apply to you?
- Read Genesis 12:1-3. That was Abraham’s marching orders; and the author’s family as well. Why does God do such disruptions? And what is this obsession about blessing all peoples, all nations?